Volunteer With Us
At West Valley Medical Center
Volunteers are an important part of the health care team. You can join a team of caring professionals whose mission is to improve the health care of the community we serve.
Volunteers are our most valued ambassadors because they share their time and talents with those in need. A reassuring voice, a friendly smile or an expression of kindness can make a difference in the lives of others.
How to Become a Volunteer
In addition, volunteers have the opportunity to make friends, learn new skills, gain new insights and achieve a sense of accomplishment. Other benefits include:
- One free meal each shift
- Free coffee/soda
- Volunteer newsletter
- Discount movie tickets, Roaring Springs tickets and Steelhead tickets
- Participation in company celebrations
- 10 percent discount in Gift Shop
- Annual Awards Dinner
- Free flu shots (when available)
- Free tuberculosis test
No Experience Necessary
Whether you already work outside the home, go to school or are retired, we can accommodate your schedule. Whether it is eight hours a month or four hours a week, your time and talents are appreciated. Volunteers are needed throughout the hospital in areas including:
- Gift Shop
- Nutritional Services
- Information Desk
- Family First
- Patients First
- Emergency Department
- Spiritual Care
Requirements to Become a Volunteer
- Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Junior volunteers must be between 14 and 18 years of age.
- Complete a volunteer application and background check.
- Attend New Associate Orientation and required hours of training.
- Take an annual tuberculosis test (at no cost to the volunteer).
- Provide proof of immunization for rubella or give a blood sample to determine immunity.
The Auxiliary is a not-for-profit entity unto itself. It has a Board of Directors that is responsible for the day-to-day operations. It provides the hospital with an organization that can receive donations. Through donations and fundraisers, the Auxiliary provides:
- Scholarships for students in healthcare
- Newborn care items
- Hospital equipment
- Community Projects
Volunteers have the option of joining the Auxiliary and can serve on the Board to have a vote in the corporation. The membership dues are $5 a year. It is not a requirement to be a volunteer to join the Auxiliary.
Pet Therapy Program
Pet Therapy is a program designed to “share smiles and joy.” Visits from the dogs in the program provide cheer, brighten a stressful day and help relax patients, visitors and staff alike.