Your health and the health of your baby are our top priorities. The West Valley Family Maternity Center is proud to have experienced and highly trained staff prepared to take on every delivery scenario.
- Registered Nurses certified in ACLS-OB (Advanced Cardiac Life Support Obstetrics) and NRP-(Neonatal Resuscitation Program).
- Cesarean section procedures, if required, are performed in a dedicated OR suite just across the hall from our labor and delivery rooms.
- Level II nursery and 24-hour anesthesia and respiratory therapist coverage to handle any potential complications your baby may experience at birth.
Tailoring Your Birth Experience
At West Valley we strive to give you a safe and memorable birth experience. The decision about pain control is left up to you and your physician and anesthesiologist.
- Jacuzzi tubs in labor and delivery rooms for relaxation during labor.
- Anesthesia providers on staff offering several pain relief alternatives, including continuous epidurals.
Baby Safety & Care
Your Baby's Safety
We consider your baby a precious gift. Advanced safety measures assist the Family Maternity Center staff in monitoring your newborn baby 24 hours a day.
- When your baby is born, identification bands will be placed on the baby, mother and father/significant other chosen by the mother to have the band.
- The Family Maternity Center nursing team can be identified by their pink teddy bear name badges.
- A small electronic device known as a HUGS tag will be placed on your baby's ankle or wrist after delivery. It will remain in place until your baby is discharged from the hospital. The HUGS tag provides a secure area for you baby by locking elevators and stairwell doors when your baby is close to them.
- The Family Maternity Center is a secured unit, and each guest receives an identifying wristband
Hands-On Baby Care
During your stay at the Family Maternity Center we provide basic education on how to care for your baby and yourself.
- You'll learn proper breastfeeding techniques.
- How to speed up a healthy recovery from childbirth.
- We'll teach you how to bathe, feed and dress your baby.
- To help you monitor and maintain your baby's good health, you'll learn how to take your baby's temperature, recognize signs of discomfort or illness and know when to consult a physician.