West Valley Medical Center recently awarded its annual Allied Healthcare Scholarship to five local students. These funds are earmarked for their education in the health care field. This year's scholarship recipients are:
- Jorian Blacker, Skyview High School graduate studying Health Sciences at Boise State University
- Brooklyn Oswald, Ridgevue High School graduate studying Nursing at Boise State University
- Yazmine Ponce Vallivue High School graduate studying Nursing at Boise State University
- Eliza Stevenson, Parma High School graduate studying Nursing at Brigham Young University
- Jaysee Willmorth, Parma High School graduate studying Radiologic Science at Boise State University
The Allied Healthcare Scholarship is open annually to students who attended local high schools in Owyhee or Canyon counties and/or currently reside in the hospital's service area. Students must be current students or planning to attend a college/university in the southwest Idaho or eastern Oregon area to pursue an associate or bachelor's degree in an allied health care program.
Scholarship criteria is focused on academic performance and interest in the healthcare field. Students must demonstrate a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher and agree to allow the hospital an opportunity to recruit them for employment upon completion of their degree; however, no work commitment is required.