CALDWELL, Idaho – West Valley Medical Center was recently named to the 2016 “100 Great Community Hospitals” list from Becker’s Hospital Review. The Caldwell hospital is the only facility in Idaho to receive this distinction.
For inclusion in this list, the Becker’s editorial team considered hospitals with fewer than 550 beds and rankings and awards from one or more notable healthcare review organizations. West Valley, a 150-bed facility, is honored to have received:
- Recognition on Truven Health Analytics’ 100 Top Hospitals list, 3 years in a row (2014-2016)
- Four consecutive ‘A’ grades in The Leapfrog Group’s biannual Hospital Safety Score review (Fall 2014-Spring 2016)
- Numerous Healthgrades awards, including:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgeries™, 3 years in a row (2014-2016)
- Top 10% in the Nation: Prostate Surgery Excellence Award, 3 years in a row (2014-2016)
- Five-Star Recipient: Prostate Removal Surgery, 4 years in a row (2013-2016)
- Five-Star Recipient: Total Knee Replacement, 2 years in a row (2015-2016)
- Five-Star Recipient: Treatment of Sepsis (2016)
- Five-Star Recipient: Treatment of Bowel Obstruction (2016)
In addition to providing local residents with advanced healthcare services, West Valley is also a proud supporter of many events and organizations that benefit residents of Canyon County and its surrounding communities, including the Caldwell Family YMCA, Caldwell Night Rodeo Power of Pink Program, Canyon County Meals on Wheels and Caldwell and Middleton Relay for Life events.
“This new recognition is a testament to our physicians, staff and volunteers, who truly embody our commitment to provide our friends and neighbors with comprehensive, high-quality and personalized care closer to home,” Jennifer Wagenaar, chief nursing officer for West Valley Medical Center, said. “The people who work in our hospital aren’t just employees, they’re members of our community. Beyond the organizations and events we support as a company, our staff devotes countless hours of their own time to ensuring Canyon County is the best place in the Treasure Valley to work and raise a family.”
Visit the Becker’s Hospital Review website to learn more about the 100 Great Community Hospitals designation and view a full list of 2016 recipients.