Caldwell, ID — For a third time, West Valley Medical Center has been named to the "100 Great Community Hospitals" list from Becker's Hospital Review. The Caldwell hospital is once again the only facility in Idaho to receive this distinction.
For inclusion in this list, the Becker's editorial team considered hospitals with fewer than 550 beds and rankings and awards from one or more notable health care review organizations. West Valley, a 150-bed facility, is honored to have received:
- Recognition on Truven Health Analytics' 100 Top Hospitals list, four years in a row (2014-17)
- Six consecutive 'A' grades in The Leapfrog Group's biannual Hospital Safety Score review (Fall 2014 to Spring 2017)
West Valley Medical Center has also received numerous Healthgrades awards, including:
- Patient Safety Excellence Award - top 10 percent in the nation (2017)
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award - top 10 percent in the nation (2017)
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award - top 10 percent in the nation (2017)
- Five-Star Recipient: Total Knee Replacement, three years in a row (2015-17)
- Five-Star Recipient: Treatment of Sepsis, two years in a row (2016-17)
- Five-Star Recipient: Back Surgery (2017)
- Five-Star Recipient: Treatment of Heart Attack (2017)
- Five-Star Recipient: Treatment of Respiratory Failure (2017)
- Five-Star Recipient: Colorectal Surgery (2017)
In addition to providing local residents with advanced health care services, West Valley is also a proud supporter of many events and organizations that benefit residents of Canyon County and its surrounding communities, including the Caldwell Family YMCA, Caldwell Night Rodeo Power of Pink Program and Canyon County Meals on Wheels.
"This new recognition is a testament to our physicians, staff and volunteers, who truly embody our commitment to provide our community with comprehensive, high-quality and personalized care closer to home," West Valley CEO Betsy Hunsicker said. "The people who work in our hospital aren't just employees, they're our neighbors. Beyond the organizations and events we support as a company, our staff devotes countless hours of their own time to ensuring Canyon County is the best place in the Treasure Valley to work and raise a family."
Visit Becker's Hospital Review to learn more about the 100 Great Community Hospitals designation and view acfull list of 2018 recipients.