The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a volunteer committee that provides insight for leadership - encouraging questions, providing feedback, and creating trust to foster a connection between the community as well as our staff here at West Valley Medical Center.
- To serve as a link between the community and the hospital while staying true to West Valley Medical Center’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- To ensure all patient-family interactions add value to the services we provide.
- To improve the safety of patients and families utilizing our facility.
- To exceed our patient and family satisfaction standard.
Structure and Membership
- The PFAC will consist of 5-10 patients and family members who will represent diverse groups within the community.
- There may be up to 5 hospital staff members, not to exceed more than 50 percent of the council.
- Meetings will be held at least every quarter and/or as needed in the Indian Creek Meeting Room at the hospital or via WebEx, Zoom or alternative online formats.
- Patient Family Advisors will serve a minimum of 1 year and should make an attempt to attend every meeting. Recommended attendance is a minimum of 80% of meetings per term.
- Patient Family Advisors are volunteers of the hospital and will complete the onboarding process before joining the council.
If you have questions regarding the council, please email Jessica Payton.