Your Baby's Safety
We consider your baby a precious gift. Advanced safety measures assist the Family Maternity Center staff in monitoring your newborn baby 24 hours a day.
- When your baby is born, identification bands will be placed on the baby, mother and father/significant other chosen by the mother to have the band.
- The Family Maternity Center nursing team can be identified by their pink teddy bear name badges.
- A small electronic device known as a HUGS tag will be placed on your baby's ankle or wrist after delivery. It will remain in place until your baby is discharged from the hospital. The HUGS tag provides a secure area for you baby by locking elevators and stairwell doors when your baby is close to them.
- The Family Maternity Center is a secured unit, and each guest receives an identifying wristband
Hands-On Baby Care
During your stay at the Family Maternity Center we provide basic education on how to care for your baby and yourself.
- You'll learn proper breastfeeding techniques.
- How to speed up a healthy recovery from childbirth.
- We'll teach you how to bathe, feed and dress your baby.
- To help you monitor and maintain your baby's good health, you'll learn how to take your baby's temperature, recognize signs of discomfort or illness and know when to consult a physician.