Diagnostic imaging center in Caldwell, Idaho
West Valley Medical Center is equipped with diagnostic medical imaging technology and equipment, so you have access to advanced imaging needed to diagnose your condition. We provide inpatient and outpatient imaging services to diagnose and treat various acute and chronic conditions.
For more information about our imaging center, contact (208) 455-3905.
Diagnostic imaging services
West Valley is a Joint Commission accredited healthcare organization. We are also accredited by the American College of Radiology in several imaging modalities.
All imaging procedures are supervised and interpreted by a specialty-appropriate, fellowship-trained, board-certified radiologist. We partner with Gem State Radiology, one of the Treasure Valley's esteemed physician groups, which specializes in performing and interpreting medical imaging studies.
Our imaging department offers a full range of services, including:
- Computerized tomography (CT): Commonly used to examine the brain, chest, abdomen and pelvis
- Digital breast localization: Procedure to locate a specific area within the breast prior to surgically removing the tissue
- Fluoroscopy: Allows doctors to visualize joints, moving organs and even blood passing through veins through the use of dye
- Mammography: X-ray test used to screen for and diagnose breast cancer
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Uses a high-powered magnet and radio waves to create accurate and detailed images
- Ultrasound: Enables physicians to see inside the body to evaluate internal organs, pregnancies, cancer, abdominal disorders, blood vessel problems, pelvic disorders and other conditions
- X-ray: A high-energy form of electromagnetic waves that helps doctors visualize bones, soft tissues and organs
Our imaging services are performed and managed in a digital environment. For most routine studies, a completed report is available within a few hours of your exam. Your physician can review those results over a secure internet link as soon as they are available. This substantially decreases the time from diagnosis to treatment of your health concerns.
If your images or results need to be sent to a specialist or an additional physician for consultation, we will gladly accommodate your request while keeping your personal health information private and secure.
Mammogram screening in Canyon county
Early detection of breast cancer is key to effective treatment and recovery. We offer screening and diagnostic breast mammograms, 3D computer-aided mammograms, breast ultrasounds and MRIs to make an accurate diagnosis.
Schedule a mammogram today by calling us at (208) 455-3905.
2D and 3D mammography screenings
We offer patients the choice of 3D or 2D mammography. The 3D mammography screening allows doctors to see masses and distortions associated with cancers more clearly than conventional 2D mammography.
3D and 4D ultrasounds
We offer 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging capabilities, which can produce still images in a 3D presentation, such as a baby's face, and moving 3D images.
Bone density screenings
Our state-of-the-art bone densitometer scans the hips and spine for most routine patients, providing improved measurement accuracy. This system significantly reduces the testing time for patients.
A bone density test allows you to:
- Find out how well osteoporosis medicine is working
- Learn if you have weak bones or osteoporosis before you break a bone
- Know if you have osteoporosis after you break a bone
- Predict your chance of breaking a bone in the future
- See if your bone density is improving, getting worse or staying the same
Outpatient imaging services
West Valley offers comprehensive women’s imaging services at its new Women’s Imaging Center, located at:
Family Medical Center (third floor)
315 East Elm Street
Caldwell, ID 83605