Physical therapy rehabilitation center in Caldwell, Idaho
When you have an injury or illness that requires rehabilitation (rehab), trust our experienced staff at West Valley Medical Center. Our physical therapists and rehab specialists provide individualized services to maximize your independence, mobility and quality of life.
For more information about our therapy services, contact us at (208) 459-4641.
Our goal is to help you get back to your life, pain-free. Our team works together to develop a treatment plan unique to your needs. We understand that you may need a variety of treatment options to help heal, and in many cases, treatment does not include surgery. Our team is committed to using effective methods of pain management and rehabilitation to help you improve function and reduce pain.
Our physical therapy facilities in West Valley include multi-disciplinary therapy treatments for neurologic and general orthopedic impairments. We also have two McKenzie-certified practitioners on staff for specialized spine care.
We work to restore, maintain and promote your physical function, overall wellness, fitness and quality of life as it relates to movement. We offer comprehensive resources available to adults and children in Canyon County. Our staff has a wide variety of training and experience and is passionate about using a team approach to address your unique concerns.
During physical therapy we:
- Identify the underlying reasons for your pain or movement dysfunction
- Help prevent injury
- Decrease further progression of your condition and help you get back to a healthy lifestyle
Pediatric physical therapy
We also provide pediatric physical therapy services, including testing and treatment for motor and functional disabilities addressing a variety of conditions such as autism and developmental delay.
Our occupational therapy program focuses on helping you regain the skills necessary for daily life. This also involves patients working with our physical therapists to increase overall strength and endurance, and if needed, our speech-language pathologists can provide speech therapy.
Occupational therapy addresses skills, such as:
- Home management and safety in the home
- Leisure activities
- School/work tasks
Our occupational therapy specialties for adult patients include:
- Cognitive recovery treatment after neurological incidents
- Hand and arm injury treatments
- Incontinence treatment
- Pelvic floor therapy (rehabilitation of muscles in the pelvic floor after injury or dysfunction)
- Recovery after orthopedic injury or surgery
- Therapies to increase pain tolerance
- Therapies to minimize pain
Pediatric occupational therapy
Our occupational therapists also offer specialized pediatric occupational therapy services for children from birth to 18 years old. Our pediatric occupational therapy services include testing for motor and functional disabilities, addressing the spectrum of diagnoses from autism to developmental delay and providing effective treatments and therapies.
We help patients who are experiencing complications from head and neck cancer, traumatic brain injury and stroke, as well as children with speech delays or complications. Our staff includes three speech therapy clinicians who are certified in speech and swallow treatments.
Our speech-language pathologists provide services that focus on:
- Cognition: Attention, memory and problem-solving functions
- Fluency disorders: Repetition of sounds, syllables, words, etc. (stuttering)
- Language: How speech sounds are tied together into cohesive units to express meaning and how a speaker’s language is received and decoded
- Speech: Production of the speech sounds
- Swallowing: Swallowing disorders and other upper aerodigestive (respiratory) functions
Speech therapy for kids
Our speech therapists are trained to provide pediatric speech therapy in a comfortable, friendly environment. Our speech pathology services for children include testing for motor and functional disabilities and providing effective, age-appropriate treatments.
Our outpatient services are offered at two locations:
222 E. Elm St. (adjacent to West Valley Medical Center)
Caldwell, ID 83605
Phone number: (208) 459-2436
3720 S. Indiana Ave. (in the Caldwell YMCA building)
Caldwell, ID 83605
Phone number: (208) 459-6041