About Our Hospital
West Valley Medical Center
As a cornerstone of our thriving community in Caldwell, Idaho, West Valley Medical Center offers exceptional healthcare. We meet that standard by focusing on the needs and comfort of our patients, upgrading technology and offering advanced procedures in Canyon County.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
West Valley Medical Center is the provider of choice for those seeking healthcare in the Treasure Valley
- Patients choose us
- Physicians partner with us
- Employees stay with us
We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.
We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
- 200 physicians on medical staff
- More than 800 employees & volunteers
- More than 44,000 outpatient visits per year
- More than 35,000 emergency room visits per year
- 4,500-plus inpatient admissions annually
- More than 3,600 surgeries performed annually
- Board-certified emergency physicians
- Personalized approach to care – Clinical care coordinator assigned to each inpatient
- 24 hour in-house physician coverage;
- “See Me Same Day” program to accommodate last minute appointments when you need them
- Advanced training and certification for staff
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
Facilities and Equipment
- Three story structure housing the following service lines: cardiology, emergency care, ENT, general surgery, spine, orthopedics, pediatrics, mental health, radiology/imaging, urology, and women’s services
- 150 licensed beds and private rooms
- 36 specialist and primary care offices within walking distance of the hospital
- Women’s Breast Center & digital breast mammography
- 13 bed Intensive Care Unit
- State-of-the-art operating room suite
- Maternity family suites with king-size beds to create a memorable family experience
- 6 off-site community clinics offering same day appointment services
- Advanced technologies to include a medication delivery system that helps to improve patient safety
- Health & Wellness program for employers
- Medical office complex located at 1906 Fairview Avenue offering additional services to the community
- Convenient parking directly behind the hospital & full service cafeteria with an executive chef
- New partial hospitalization services for behavioral health patients
- The only nuclear medicine suite in Caldwell offering enhanced imaging technology
National Recognition for Quality Performance
- Named among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics™ for several consecutive years.
- Grade “A” hospital safety score by The Leapfrog Group achieved more than any other hospital in Idaho. The Leapfrog Group is an independent national non-profit who’s aim is to inform Americans about their hospital’s safety and quality and promote full public disclosure of hospital performance.
- HealthGrades Awards:
- Top 10% in the Nation: Prostate Surgery Excellence Award
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient: Prostate Removal Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient: Total Knee Replacement
- Five-Star Recipient: Treatment of Bowel Obstruction
- Five-Star Recipient: Treatment of Sepsis
- Patient Safety Excellence - Top 10%
- Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure Gold Plus – Achievement Award from the American Heart Association
- The only hospital in Idaho to achieve designation among the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. This annual award recognizes outstanding employers in the healthcare industry nationwide that empower employees to perform at their optimum level.