Summer is upon us! Mix up a smoothie for a tasty way to cool down on a hot day while getting extra servings of fruits and vegetables. They are often naturally sweetened from fruit and loaded with essential vitamins and minerals our bodies need.
- Wash, prepare, and freeze fresh fruit in zip lock bags to have ready-to -blend smoothie packets.
- Incorporate vanilla extract, cinnamon, mint, or nutmeg for extra flavor.
- Replace ice in a recipe with frozen fruit.
- Add avocado, Greek yogurt, or cooked oats to help improve texture.
Ingredients and Preparation
|1||Yogurt, plan nonfat||1 cup|
|3||Pineapple, crushed, canned in juice||1 cup|
|5||Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve in a frosted glass.
Find the Summer Breeze Smoothie recipe and other great meal options at westvalleyisbetter.com.
Anne Brock is a licensed dietitian and diabetes educator at West Valley Medical Center. Talk to your doctor today to determine if a referral to a dietitian could help you reach your health and wellness goals.